AIDT ensures that training is done in a safe and progressive way. The foundations of the AIDT syllabus lies in years of influence from great dancers through the years, Martha Graham , Alvin Ailey, Bob Fosse to name a few.
Dance has the ability to increase health both physically and mentally, this is a creative way to attain fitness, body alignment, correct posture and mental stimulation. Further more it is proven to have the following benefits;
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight management
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.