Classes are based on an approved syllabus by the Trinity College of London and AIDT. Please have a look at the Trinity web site and AIDT brochure for further information regarding the foundations. Link provided above.
THE COURSE COMPRISES OF THE FOLLOWING
- Exposure to the professional world: Attending current shows, films, events, visiting venues, attending workshops presented by industry people.
- Practical presentation: producing and presenting theatre shows, music videos or short films.
- Performing: practical application performing in shows and outreach programs to audiences.
- Musical Theater: Triple threat performance technique in combining acting, singing and dancing.
- Dance: Modern, jazz, hip-hop, ballet, tap.
- Voice and body: Vocal training for theater and camera performance. Characterizing speech and accent work.
- Performance for Stage and Film: Working with recognized techniques and methods on character development, script analysis, performance, dramatic movement and physical theater.
- History of performance: Study of the practitioners and materials expanding student’s repertoire in film and theater.
- Stage and Film production: Introduction to aspects that contribute to a successful production. Writing, directing, producing, props, set design, costume design, make-up, lighting and sound.
- Diploma exam: Students will do examinations for Trinity College of London examiners on completion of the course. Dates and venue to be confirmed on application.